Six Sigma Black Belt Certification Program
- Instrutor led virtual classroom session on weekends
- Six sigma ASQ- black Belt book for reference
- Case study, Exam tips, References and Evaluation notes
- Trainer support via mail
- Telephonic discussion with experts on weekend
- Sample questions for preparation.
- Pre and Post assignments
- Dummy projects for your practice
- Certification exam anytime within the course duration
- Certification for candidates scoring more than 50% marks in the exam
Six Sigma has emerged as a popular business management strategy applied in projects globally. Six Sigma Black Belts have the responsibility of overseeing Green Belts, and who can move up to Master Black Belt and beyond from this position. Black Belts will double‐check the work of the Green Belts, and may even be able to improve on the overall work of the Green Belts.
Six Sigma students aspiring to become Black Belts must also show that they clearly understand the lean enterprise theory and must also show their understanding of the DMAIC paradigm.
Six Sigma certified professionals work on continual quality improvement by analysing and solving quality problems and creating a high-performance organization. The Six Sigma Black Belt is the fifth level of certification, after the Green Belt. Certified Black Belts should be able to assume team leadership with confidence, and allocate responsibilities and team member roles
The Black Belt course is divided into 13 stages and covers the Body of Knowledge (BoK) of Six Sigma offered by American Society of Quality (ASQ) and ISEL Global:
STAGE 1 (Fundamentals)
- Six Sigma Concepts and Philosophy
- Metrics: DPU, DPMO, RTY
- Sigma Deployment
STAGE 2 (Define and Measure)
- Define Stage, Measure Stage
- Basic Statistics:
- Concept of Variation, Data Types, Measures of dispersion – Range, Standard deviation, Variance, Central Limit Theorem
- Process Mapping, Quality Function Deployment (QFD)
STAGE 3 (Analyze)
- Cause and Effect diagram, Pre‐control charts and Paired comparison
- Design of Experiments (DoE): Multi‐Vari chart, Fractional Factorial designs
STAGE 4 (Improve)
- Process Capability: Cp, Cpk, Pp, Ppk
- Advanced Statistics: Sampling distribution, Estimation, Hypothesis Testing, ANOVA
STAGE 5 (Control)
- Control Stage, FMEA, Team Work
STAGE 6 (Six Sigma Leadership)
- Enterprise View
- DMAIC Plus Model
STAGE 7 (Advanced Data Analysis)
- Understanding Variation and Causes
- Strategies to Reduce Variation
- Advanced Statistical Concepts
STAGE 8 (Optimization and Robust Design)
- Factorial Designs
- Fractional Factorial Designs
- Taguchi Methods, S/N Ratios
STAGE 9 (Design for Six Sigma)
- Understanding DFSS
- Voice of the Customer & QFD
- Design of Manufacturability
- System and Design FMEAs
STAGE 10 (Lean Enterprise)
- Lean Enterprise, Lean Thinking
- 3M, Seven Types of Wastes
- Heijunka , Kanban ,Tact Time
- Value Stream Mapping, 5S, TPM
- Continuous Flow Manufacturing
STAGE 11 (Change Management)
- Managing Cultural Change Managing Teams
- Facilitation Process and Tools
- Team Dynamics and Performance
- Project Management
- Knowledge Management
- Statistical Inference & ANOVA
- Measurement Assurance
- SPC, Process Capability
From the course:
Six Sigma Black Belt unlocks up plenty of career opportunities. The potential for job growth will increase along with the overall pay. Those who are trained in this course can easily expect some openings exclusively offered to them. Those who are trained in this methodology have lucrative ideas and are respected and sought after in their field. Six Sigma Black Belt training can help in a number of ways and is widely applicable in every domain and process. Individuals looking to excel can easily tap into these training courses and get on the fast track to a successful career.
This certification helps in:
- Demonstrates one’s ability to integrate Lean Six Sigma as a long term continuous improvement philosophy in their organizations.
- Gives cutting-edge value to professional data.
- Improves job performance.
- Opens up greater career prospects.
- Demonstrate various leadership roles and responsibilities
- Gain a fundamental understanding of all components and techniques used in project management
- Demonstrate team leadership and understand team dynamics
- Demonstrates one’s ability to apply Enterprise wide high-complex DMAIC projects.
According to recent surveys by sixsigma.com, the median salary for certified professionals in this field is approximately $83,107 per year.
From the workshop:
- Instructor led training by Six Sigma Master Belt experts to make candidate learn the real scenario of six sigma tools and methodology
- Learn the principles and philosophy behind the Six Sigma method
- Dummy project by instructors to make candidate get a hands on on six sigma projects
- Downloadable e-book
- Industry based case studies
- High quality training from an experienced trainer
- The Program extensively uses Minitab, specialized statistical software. It provides you with a thorough knowledge of Six Sigma philosophies and principles (including supporting systems and tools).
The Six Sigma Black Belt program is the third level program (after Green Belt) designed for those who wish to be Project leads for Six Sigma projects, and are responsible for high level problem-solving challenges. Black Belts serve as mentors and trainers for the other members of the project team.
Following categories of professionals should go for Black Belt Certification:
- Senior Management
- Management students
- Team leaders
- Software Professionals
- If a company intends to implement Six Sigma, then the management of the company needs to be trained
- Project Managers
- Quality Assurance Engineers
- Software Quality Assurance team members
On successful completion of the course and course requisites, candidate will receive six sigma Black belt certification